Privacy & Cookie Policies
We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our sites. Our sites will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information about us
- what information we collect when you use our Sites, when you communicate with us, or when you visit our pubs
- how we use your information
- how we share your information
- how long we keep your information and how it is stored
- our approach to sensitive personal information
- what options you have to control your information
- the rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- how we communicate changes to this policy
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to discuss this with us or have any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this Policy.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
The sites are run by Elite Pubs. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) (as amended or superseded) Elite Pubs is the ‘Controller’ of the personal information collected through the sites or at our pubs. Elite Pubs, a limited company registered in England under company number 2808998.
Greenway Court Farm House,
Greenway Court Road,
Kent ME17 1QD
VAT number: 810735453
Contact: Data Protection Officer
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU:
- Information we collect when you visit our sites
- We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you
- register on our sites for job roles;
- subscribe to a mailing list;
- book a table.
- We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our Sites. In particular
- we record details of the resources that you access to visit our Sites (e.g. URL addresses, traffic data etc);
- we record information about the type of device you have used to visit our Sites, your device settings, and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system will have further details on what further information your device makes available.
- We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you
- Information we collect in our pubs
- We will collect personal information that you provide to us in our pubs when you
- ask us to provide you with a digital receipt
- subscribe to our mailing list via our WiFi and/or Elite Pubs Club data forms
- enter a competition or respond to a survey
- We will collect personal information that you provide to us in our pubs when you
- Information we collect when you contact us
- We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, e-mail or social media
- Information we collect if you apply for a job with us
- You may be able to apply for a job with us through our Sites, or through third party websites such as Indeed or LinkedIn. The personal information we collect about you may include your name, contact details, employment history, and any information set out in your CV.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your information in the in the following ways:
- For the performance of a contract between you and us
- to collect payment from you;
- to provide you with a receipt, if you ask us to send this electronically;
- Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
- to administer and monitor our Sites, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device, and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to;
- to analyse any feedback that you provide on our services, and to improve our services;
- to administer competitions that you may have entered;
- to review and assess any job applications that you submit to us.
- Where you have provided your consent to use our cookies:
- If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following ways:
- we may contact you with marketing messages by e-mail
You have the option to unsubscribe from our emails through a link at the bottom of every e-mail we send to you. If you want to change the details that you have registered with us, this can be changed by sending an e-mail to the Site.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our Sites and database.
- We may also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising.
Every external company we work with has a contract with us which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements in handling personal information and obligates them to meet these standards and those contained in GDPR.
5. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We retain the information you provide for the following periods:
- for as long as you subscribe to receive marketing & other related information.
6. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All information gathered on our sites is stored and safeguarded by Elite Pubs.
7. SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records). We ask that you do not provide such information to us.
8. RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE
You may have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in a machine readable format. You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of the Sites or sending you an e-mail with the update. Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practises and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
We primarily use information from cookies for the following:
- Traffic monitoring, e.g., the IP address from which you access the site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the site, the date and time of your access to the site, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed the site.
- To register you in programs and to recognize your website preferences.
- To recognize repeat visitors for statistical / analytical purposes.
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, e.g., to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked.
- We may also use clear gifs (also known as web bugs or web beacons), which are tiny graphics embedded in web pages and email messages that we use, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal information from users to analyse site usage, manage content on the site, track visits to other related sites, and track the performance of online advertising.
We may also connect the information that we collect through cookies and clear gifs with other personal information that you provide to us in order to:
- To customise or personalise your experience of the site; for example, so that we can greet you on the site by name;
- To conduct transactions, such as credit card sales; monitor your use of our websites in order to make our communications to you as relevant as possible and for other marketing and advertising research purposes.
11. Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URL’s published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URL’s are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Social media platforms have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions, please ensure you read these to understand how they use their data. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard their own privacy and personal details.
This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question.
12. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about the Policies and practises of our Sites you can contact us at email@example.com
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
1.1 These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
1.2 By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
1.3 If you register with our website or submit any material to our website we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
1.4 You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website; by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (https://seqlegal.com).
3. Copyright notice
3.1 Copyright (c) 1 year of first publication Elite Pubs.
3.2 Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
(a) we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
(b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
4. Licence to use website
4.1 You may:
(a) view pages from our website in a web browser;
(b) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
(c) print pages from our website;
(d) stream audio and video files from our website; and
(e) use our website services by means of a web browser, subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
4.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 4.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
4.3 You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
4.4 Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
4.5 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
(a) republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
(c) show any material from our website in public;
(d) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
(e) redistribute material from our website.
4.6 Notwithstanding Section 4.5, you may redistribute our newsletter and or blog in print and electronic form to any person.
4.7 We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
5. Acceptable use
5.1 You must not:
(a) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
(b) use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
(d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
(e) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
(f) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
(g) use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
5.2 You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
5.3 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
6. Your content: licence
6.1 In these terms and conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
6.2 You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, store and publish your content on and in relation to this website and any successor website.
6.3 You grant to us the right to sub-license the rights licensed under Section 7.2.
6.4 You grant to us the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed under Section 7.2.
6.5 You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; and you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
6.6 You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
6.7 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
7. Your content: rules
7.1 You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
7.2 Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
7.3 Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
(a) be libellous or maliciously false;
(b) be obscene or indecent;
(c) infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
(d) infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
(e) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
(f) constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
(g) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
(h) be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
(i) be blasphemous;
(j) be in breach of official secrets legislation;
(k) be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
(l) depict violence, in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
(m) be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
(n) be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
(o) consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
(p) constitute spam;
(q) be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
(r) cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
8. Limited warranties
8.1 We do not warrant or represent:
(a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
(b) that the material on the website is up to date; or
(c) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
8.2 We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
8.3 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 10.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
9. Limitations and exclusions of liability
9.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
9.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 10 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
(a) are subject to Section 10.1; and
(b) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
9.3 To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
9.4 We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
9.5 We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
9.6 We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
9.7 We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
9.8 You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
10. Breaches of these terms and conditions
10.1 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
(a) send you one or more formal warnings;
(b) temporarily suspend your access to our website;
(c) permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
(d) block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
(e) contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
(f) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
(g) suspend or delete your account on our website.
10.2 Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
11.1 We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
11.2 The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions.
11.3 If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as we may specify, we will disable or delete your account on the website, and you must stop using the website.
12.1 You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
12.2 You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
13.1 If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
13.2 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
14. Third party rights
14.1 A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
14.2 The exercise of the parties’ rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
15. Entire agreement
15.1 Subject to Section 10.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
16. Law and jurisdiction
16.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
16.2 Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. Our details
17.1 This website is owned and operated by Elite Pubs.
17.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 2808998 and our registered office is Greenway Court Farm House Greenway Court Road Hollingbourne Maidstone Kent ME17 1QD
17.3 Our principal place of business is at 197-99 High Street, West Malling, ME19 6NA
17.4 You can contact us:
(a) by post, to the postal address given above;
(b) using our website contact form;
(c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
(d) by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.